"Where your opinions matter"

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Can Men & Women Just Be Friends?

Can men and women just be friends? This is the subject that made its way to the dinner table. So, can men and women just be friends? Well out of six people at the table,four said no. The two that said yes were men of course. How did they come up with this conclusion? Well first my male friend made the argument that men don't want a committed, intimate relationship with every woman they meet, so friendship can be a possibility. "A possibility? Is that before or after you realize she doesn't want you?", stated one of my female friends at the table.

This argument can go both ways. I have male friends that I have been friends with for years and never once thought of breaking that friendship for anything else. I have also had men call me their "sister" or "best friend" after they realized that I wasn't interested in them in any other way. I think friendship between a man and a woman can work but it all depends on the male or female. It depends what they want and what they are attracted to.

Hope this helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment