"Where your opinions matter"

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Little Soldier

My little brother has joined the army. He is nineteen and he leaves for training on April 26th...I'm not happy. I've been in countless debates about whether the army is a good or bad choice. For some, it may be but not for my little brother. I never been for the war. I don't understand why we feel the need to fight for something that isn't ours to began with. Really, what example are we setting for future generations?

Heartbroken, I sat in silence as my little brother announced to the family that he was going to the army. This was four months ago. I try to be opened mined at the thought of my little brother going off to God knows what country to fight for people who are best at fighting themselves. Am I wrong to feel this way?

Just last week my little brother told me that he didn't want to go. Of course that just made my thoughts about the entire situation worse. I love him and I don't know if it's fear making this subject so touchy for me but as a older sister, it's hard to see my little brother grow up into a man.

What are your outlooks on the Army? Do you worry about what your relative or friend is going through?

(When I mention my brother, I describe him as my little brother because that is what I always wanted to see him as: my little brother. Now years have passed and I have to see him as my little soldier).

No comments:

Post a Comment